@The Brown Barn

This is a tale of our jouney from living "in town" to moving out into the "country".

Monday, October 10, 2011

Fun Weekend and a Little Backtracking....



Siblings, friends, enemies, playmates, son, daughter. I had a great day Saturday with the kids. First we went over to the park to try some pictures in the great fall colors.


Then we took a ride over to get some ice cream. After that we ran into a fire/police saftey event. The kids got to put out a "fire".





We eventually made it out to the pumpkin patch....






It was a beautiful day! After I told the owner of the farm about my barn project, he told me I should go check out his other barn and abandoned farmhouse. Wow! I could spend a few hours inside, but only stayed a little while.



The barn.




This is a great stove that is in the kitchen of the house.



This is a veiw of the barn through a broken window in an upstairs bedroom.


And now for the backtracking. In my previous post about missing September, I neglected to say anything about the second "final" harvest of the garden.



We got quite a few nice eggplants, a ton of cherry tomatoes, cukes, green, jalapeno, and tabasco peppers, onions, and garlic. It was a good season, and we are still harvesting tomatoes and eggplant.


And one day while out looking for barns, I ran into a bunch of turkeys. No toms, or jakes, just a bunch of squacking hens....









No comments:

Post a Comment