@The Brown Barn

This is a tale of our jouney from living "in town" to moving out into the "country".

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Tomatoes Have Started...

Well, I harvested some goodies today, some of which are for the celebrations this weekend and some are just for us. The tomatoes have started and I picked a lot!!



This is about 30 minutes worth of picking. There is another small bucket of cherry tomatoes, but they are going to be skewered and grilled @TBB. I also brought out several smallish eggplants, numerous cucumbers, and some Tabasco peppers. There was also a tomato with a "nose", we will leave it at that (pictures to come!). I am sure Jon will be crafting his wonderful vegetable animals this year as always. I promise to share some pictures with you all.

Jon, Randie,and Kai arrived home today and we went out for a visit. Gifts were given, wine was tasted, and plans were lain. Randie was fussing over what wines will be sipped and which plates to use for this and that.

My daughter Lydia is staying the night and will love every minute of the attention. She has been anxiously waiting weeks for Randie to arrive. They will be sleeping out on the deck so hammocks have been hung, and beds made. I'm sure the conversations will last well into the night.

My wife Tricia is busy downstairs making the "traditional" (??!!) Rice Krispie treat wedding cake in several interesting flavors. There are caramel, chocolate, mint chocolate, strawberry and I think even some regular ones.

It is late and time to go to bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment