@The Brown Barn

This is a tale of our jouney from living "in town" to moving out into the "country".

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The beginning....

Well, I was talking to Kai last night and I thought it would be a good idea for all of us who have named their houses to start a blog. I am going first. This is @The Brown Barn (TBB), home of Randie and Jon, and where Kai and Gabe grew up. Randie and Jon have two named houses: @The Red Couch, and @The Hilltop. Of course I would be leaving out an important nugget of information if I didn't mention that Kai is also residing @The Hilltop. Gabe lives a few doors down from @The Red Couch at a place called @The Red Door. If I have confused you, don't worry, you will get the hang of it eventually. My family will be moving out to TBB sometime in the near future. It will be a change, we currently live 2.5 miles from work, 15 minutes from school, and it is a short distance to the grocery store, Menards, TJ Maxx, etc. Now, we are 25 minutes from any of these things.

We were out there tonight getting the place spruced up for two big shindigs this weekend. Friday night is going to be a grand celebration for Gabe and Chanelle, recently wed in sunny Arizona. In preparation, we have mowed a path around the pond (and found the fire pit), re-discovered the paddock, and created an enormous parking area over by the boats. The second event is the annual Garden Party put on in lavish style by Randie. This is a gala event. I will be taking photos for both events, so I'll keep you all posted on the goings on.

1 comment:

  1. Great start Bob. I guess that means I need to get in gear on an @Hilltop blog.

    ReplyDelete